What role should your board play in fundraising?
Do all board members need to donate?
And how do successful nonprofits recruit and engage new board members?
If anyone has the answers to these questions, it’s Lynda Lysakowski.
Linda has trained over 30,000 nonprofit professionals worldwide–from Nevada to Mexico to Egypt–and is only one of about 100 people to hold the prestigious title of Advanced Certified Fund Raising Executive (ACFRE).
And this week she sits down to talk about every Executive Director’s favorite topic: the board of directors.
Listen to the podcast here 👇
Or here 👇
In this episode of A Modern Nonprofit Podcast, Linda shares the best practices for recruiting, developing, and motivating board members that she’s picked up over 30+ as a philanthropic expert.
She’ll share her advice on:
- How many members do you need on your board of directors? (2:30)
- Ways to overcome your board’s objections to raising money (6:45)
- Why you MUST train your board to fundraise (14:30)
- How — and when — to set your board members up for success (hint: it’s not at orientation!) (17:00)
- The #1 under-used strategy for finding board members who are a perfect fit for your organization (33:30)
Here’s a preview on YouTube:
To watch the full episode, click on the Spotify player above or search it wherever you get your podcasts.
Do You Struggle to Make Sense of Your Financial Statements?
Get our FREE GUIDE to nonprofit financial reports, featuring illustrations, annotations, and insights to help you better understand your organization's finances.Get the free guide!